A charging iPhone could have been harmful to an Alabama man who was almost electrocuted as he fell asleep with his phone charging in bed, and it was all his fault.

According to the New York Post, Wiley Day suffered second and third-degree burns to his neck and hands.

Day said that the dog tags around his neck slipped between the charger and extension cord as he fell asleep. He said, “My necklace became the conductor. When I felt the electrocution here, it somehow, some way, jolted me over here to the floor.”

Luckily he was able to rip the chains from his neck. He recalls the incident being one of the scariest days of his life.

A doctor said to WAAY TV, that Day was lucky to be alive after getting zapped with about 110 volts, especially since 100 volts have the potential to kill a person.

If there is any advice that Day could give when it comes to charging your phone following this incident, he said, “Charge your phone away from you. Charge it the next day. It’s not worth your life.”

 

 

Source: http://nypost.com/2017/03/30/man-nearly-electrocuted-after-falling-asleep-with-his-iphone-charging-in-bed/

Join the conversation or start it! Comment below:

other roommates are saying...

Welcome to the new Shade Room. Sign Up for Our Newsletter and Never Miss the Tea
You know you never want to miss the tea. Sign up for our email newsletter and get 2 emails a week + exclusive info!