Terry Crews has settled a lawsuit with Hollywood agent Adam Venit after the actor accused him of groping him at an industry event.
According to USA Today, William Morris Endeavor (WME) confirmed in a statement that a deal had been reached, and the lawsuit would be dismissed. Last December, Crews filed the lawsuit against Venit and the agency for assault, battery and sexual harassment.
On Thursday, Crews took to Twitter and tweeted “ACCOUNTABILITY,” in response to the news that Venit is planning to leave WME.
— terrycrews (@terrycrews) September 6, 2018
In the lawsuit documents obtained by USA Today, it states, “Venit, upon his first meeting Crews, viciously grabbed Crews’ penis and testicles so hard that it caused Crews immediate pain.”
In the complaint, Crews asked for “punitive and exemplary damages after he said he suffered actual pain as well as psychological issues from the incident.” Venit denied Crews’ claims and said his actions were not sexual and caused no harm.
The settlement comes after Crews suggested that his criminal case against Venit was thrown out because of Venit’s good relationship with LAPD.
Adam Venit has been the Event Chairman of the LAPD Foundation, which raises millions for the @LAPD. (See letter below)
Anyone wonder why my assault case against him was thrown out by the D.A.?
— terrycrews (@terrycrews) August 25, 2018
According to the site, “Prosecutors declined to file criminal charges in Crews’ sexual assault case against Venit earlier this year. His complaint was tossed by the Los Angeles City District Attorney’s Office (who deemed the allegations did not meet felony filing standards) and the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office (who said the statute of limitations expired).”