On Friday, a state judge ordered that NBA YoungBoy must be detained after citing the recent shooting in Miami and his apparent prohibited posts to social media.
According to The Advocate, District Judge Bonnie Jackson, put NBA YoungBoy, whose government name is Kentrell Gaulden, on probation in August 2017 after she gave him a suspended 10-year prison term. Judge Jackson reportedly said that she is 90% sure NBA YoungBoy was seen on video last weekend, “talking trash and smack.”
If it turns out that he is the one on the video she is referring to, Jackson reportedly said she plans to revoke his probation at his next court appearance, which is on June 21st. A condition of his probation is that he refrains from all social media activity. She reportedly said that she’d make him serve the suspended prison time.
As we previously reported, last weekend while in Miami NBA YoungBoy was shot at outside of the Trump International Beach Resort. The shooting led to one fatality, and also led to his girlfriend being hit in the arm.
Back in 2017, he pleaded guilty to aggravated assault with a firearm in a nonfatal 2016 drive-by shooting. He was given a suspended 10-year prison sentence and put on probation for three years.
He has since been arrested twice, once in February 2018 and also in February of this year. Jackson decided not to revoke his probation following his arrest in 2018.
We’ll continue to keep you updated.