Director, Ad Sales & Marketing
Los Angeles, CA and/or Remote
The Director of Ad Sales & Marketing is responsible for increasing and developing new business billings. This job entails both Agency/Clients Account maintenance and strategic planning. The Director will need to conceive and prepare presentations for clients, in addition to agencies, showing the benefits of The Shade Room (TSR) advertising opportunities, and develop proposals for specific Branded content, initiatives and integrated plans using multiple platform solutions.
To be successful in this position, the Director of Ad Sales & marketing must be a high achieving sales person with experience working in the media industry (new media, television, film, publishing, etc.). The ideal candidate will have experience working with both Multicultural and general market agencies.
- Create a proactive agency strategy that generates new revenue for various The Shade Room (TSR) offerings and platforms.
- Present to clients and agencies the various TSR Programming / Content / Marketing Solutions/ Digital offerings available for advertisers.
- Stay abreast of all programs/content developed by TSR for each platform to ensure that they are accurately represented to clients.
- Develop a target list of advertisers and develop specific plans for generating and increasing advertising sales.
- Provide regular updates, as required, to sales management and keep up to date information in Salesforce
- Ensure that outstanding billings are accurate and collected in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with advertisers and their agencies and ensure that all presentations contain accurate information.
- Confirm all orders with sales management before closing deals.
- Familiarity with advertising agencies, account and media operations, ability to navigate through agencies to reach key decision makers.
- Strong record of direct-to-client sales at key decision-making levels.
- Ability to work with multiple platforms and product groups
- Deep knowledge of digital and social marketing solutions offerings and marketplace info.
- Experience in formulating and presenting complex proposals which combine technical implementation of advertising opportunities.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills, high level of computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors in Business Administration, advertising, marketing or related field preferred. 7+ years of media sales experience, preferably innovative media solutions selling. 3+ years of experience Managing sales support teams.