Part Time Weekends & Evenings Editor, TSR TEENS (TEMP)
Remote: California, New York, Georgia, Maryland or Illinois
Saturdays and Sundays – 8:00 AM PT – 4:30 PM PT with some evenings on Mondays – Fridays (20 – 25 hours a week)
The temporary position of PT Weekends & Evenings Editor helps manage traffic increase, raising the TSR Teens brand profile and building a loyal following on related social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram.
Cross-departmental collaboration and a goal-driven work ethic is key in this role, which requires creative social media posting and angles with a quick turnaround.
- Producing multiple quick-turnaround stories a day, while working on longer-lead projects.
- Assist in managing The Shade Room Teens social media account (@TheShadeRoomTeens).
- Help grow TSR Teens’ number of followers and increase engagement.
- Cover major live events on social media.
- Contribute to marketing campaigns to raise profile of TSR Teens brand.
- Monitor trending content on social media.
- Develop and post Instagram stories and timeline posts.
- Aid with posting of paid advertisements.
- Stay abreast on current trending topics that connect with The Shade Room Teens audience and create content based on trends.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone) on all public platforms.
- Stay up-to-date on latest industry trends, software and digital media compliance.
- great news judgement with a love and understanding of Black culture across the diaspora through a Gen Z lens.
- Ability to complete assignments/projects quickly without sacrificing quality, accuracy, or personality.
- Passionate about social media and audience acquisition.
- Ability to balance multiple editorial and marketing initiatives.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff writers, editors, and other departments.
- Knowledge of social media analytics metrics and tools with the ability to create related reports.
- Familiarity of email and digital marketing campaigns.
- Relationship management; networking skills with the ability to cultivate strong professional relationships with internal and external partners.
- Proficiency in SEO and WordPress.
- Legal right to work in the US.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BA in English, Communications, Journalism or related field, preferred but not required. Three (3) years of experience in social media, journalism or marketing required. Two (2) years of experience growing a loyal social media following for a company or brand. 1+ years of experience writing online content and managing social media accounts such as Instagram, Tik Tok, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter for a small size media organization or publication. Experience with Photo Grid, Slack, Google Drive, Drop Box and Apple products a plus.
*NOTE: This is a part time temporary position.*