Producer, TSR Studios
Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA
Founded in 2014, The Shade Room (TSR) has grown into a leading media powerhouse for breaking news and a trailblazer for reporting all things pop culture. TSR combines investigative entertainment journalism from our writers with crowdsourced journalism from our Roommates to operate a 24/7 news outlet. Our strong community of followers allows us to break away from traditional news delivery by reaching readers directly through their social networks.
As we continue to grow, we are always looking for the best and brightest talent with big ideas. From Social Media content to Video Production, we thrive on creativity! If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll join us.
The Producer for TSR Studios is creative and resourceful. They help build compelling programming and shows for our digital and social media pages. This person is a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, and emerging technology/platforms. The ideal candidate has a successful background in video production and an obsession with storytelling and creating content. You’ll develop, produce, and edit video content, as you report directly to the senior producer of the team. Additionally, you’ll work collaboratively with other producers on your team, as well as with other teams across The Shade Room.
- Develop, produce, and edit video content.
- Ensure quality control and accuracy with final edits.
- Work collaboratively with other producers on your team as well as with other teams across The Shade Room, including but not limited to social media content, editorial and graphic design.
- Create visual storyboards to present to key stakeholders for sign off.
- Collaborate with other video team members on concepts through completion.
- Manage digital assets from multiple sources.
- Shoot and edit videos for The Shade Room social media channels.
- Self-manage tasks and accurately scope project timelines.
- Analyze the results of your work to learn from pilot tests and improve TSR series, particularly regarding audience response and performance metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Loves and understands Black culture across the diaspora.
- Familiarity with the brands and businesses of The Shade Room.
- Understands the process of storytelling.
- Deep understanding of The Shade Room’s ecosystem as well as competitive landscape through creative assets.
- Detail oriented and technically proficient in all the latest video editing software and video creation techniques.
- Strong project management skills.
- Great attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly collaborative and able to work in dynamic environment.
- In-depth knowledge of cameras, codecs, bit rates, frame rates, asset management, archival and transcoding.
- Creative Cloud software: Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, plus online video editing/encoding standards.
- Significant knowledge of best practices to generate views and engagements in Digital/social video.
- Flexibility in managing multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously; ability to meet deadlines; experience managing both urgent, short-term projects, and complex, longer-term projects.
- Legal right to work in the US.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast Journalism, Film or equivalent years of hands-on experience. 5+ years of experience producing and editing video content for a digital media brand. Must be experienced with all facets of video production. Experience working for a small organization, a plus.
The Shade Room is a fully remote work environment with a wonderful team of hardworking, innovative and creative people. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, 401K match, sick time and paid time off!
This is a full-time (40 hours), nonexempt position. The hourly pay rate is $38.46 – $40.86/hour ($80,000 – $85,000 annualized). Compensation will be based off of experience and local cost of living.
The Shade Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by the federal, state or local laws. The Shade Room is an at-will employer.