Gervonta Davis is no longer facing any domestic violence charges after prosecutors dropped a count of misdemeanor battery this week.
TMZ Sports confirmed that Vanessa Posso, one of the mothers of Davis’ children, ultimately declined to press charges in the case. It was formally dismissed on Monday (May 22), according to the outlet.
“While the emotions were high, I made an unnecessary call to law enforcement in an intense moment while I was frantic,” Posso wrote on social media following the drama.
Vanessa and Gervonta previously “agreed that the defendant had to complete an anger management course and parenting class,” prosecutors reportedly said. Davis has since completed the courses, per TMZ.
Posso initially told authorities that the 28-year-old boxer had struck her with a “closed hand type slap” on December 27. The alleged slap caused her an abrasion on the inside of her lip.
In a 911 call, Posso repeatedly screamed for help and said Davis was trying to kill her, although she didn’t name him.
After being released, Gervonta flooded his social profiles, saying that there was more to his arrest, The Shade Room previously reported. He accused Posso of smearing baby poop from their toddler’s diaper on toothbrushes. He showed photos of the brushes and the words “liar” and “cheater” scrawled across the bathroom mirror.
Davis also shared a small clip of Posso walking away from him, toddler in arms and broken glass every near children’s toys. Meanwhile, the boxer stood on the other side of a glass door with a torn shirt.
Posso has since claimed, “Gervonta did not harm me or our daughter.”
Davis has maintained his innocence from the beginning.