Sad News: Funeral Service Was Held For The 8 Members of the Todd Family Who Were Killed By Carbon Monoxide In Their Maryland Home. - The Shade Room

Sad News: Funeral Service Was Held For The 8 Members of the Todd Family Who Were Killed By Carbon Monoxide In Their Maryland Home.

An extremely emotional and haunting image of eight coffins lined up for the funeral services of The Todd family – a 36-year-old father and his seven children, Cameron Todd, 13; Zycheim Todd, 7;  Tynijuiza Todd, 15; Tykira Todd, 12; Tybree Todd, 10; Tyania Todd, 9; and Tybria Todd, 6- has hit social media yesterday and it is something that is truly hard to fathom.

Services were held on Saturday at the Ella Fitzgerald Performing Arts Center which is located on the campus of University of Maryland Eastern Shore, where Rodney Todd, the father, worked in the dining services department.

The family silently passed after being poisoned with carbon monoxide as they slept through out the night. Rodney Todd, divorced from his ex wife, Tyisha Chambers, in November and had been raising his children. Only making $10 an hr, Todd’s power was cut on March 25 due to safety issues when the Delmarva Power Company located a stolen  meter, contrary to beliefs of the family thinking the power was cut due to a delinquent bill. 

Inorder to preserve heat and light, Rodney went and bought a generator and it was reported the family passed from carbon monoxide inhalation on March 28, just three days after their power was cut. Unfortunately, their bodies were not found until April 6 when family members and friends grew worried about their whereabouts.

This raised the question of legality because Maryland law states that power can not be cut during the winter season.

The funeral services lasted for about six hours and over 1,200 people came to the auditorium to pay their respects.  Ty’breyia would have turned six on April 4th. We feel for the mother and ex wife of the Todd family and we continue to keep all of them in our prayers.


  

Sources Sited : DailyMail.com

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3045426/Funeral-Todd-Family-eight-killed-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-generator-electricity-cut-off.html

TSR Staff: Debra Oh!! @The_Ebony_Issue on Instagram and @TSR_Ebony_Issue on Twitter!!

RELATED STORIES

Become A Roommate!
Become A Roommate!
TSR Logo

The Latest Tea Sent Daily