#TSRUpdatez: The ex-fiance of missing 4-year-old #MaleahDavis’ mother has reportedly been arrested and charged with tampering with evidence in her disappearance.

#DarionVence was named a person of interest after authorities said his story continued to change. He initially claimed last week that he, Maleah, and his 1-year-old son were abducted in the Houston area while on their way to pick up the girl’s mother from the airport. He said three men assaulted him before kicking him and his son out of their truck and continuing on with Maleah.

While the charge states “tampering with evidence, namely a corpse,” law enforcement officials have not yet confirmed whether Maleah has died, @abc13houston reports.

On Friday, Maleah’s mother Brittany Bowens and community activist Quanell X told reporters at a press conference that they have video of Vence walking in and out of their apartment with multiple bottles of bleach. He was reportedly later seen walking out with a garbage bag stuffed into a laundry hamper.

Bowens also claims that she believes Vence “snapped” when she decided not to get back with him after she allegedly caught him sending explicit pictures to other men.

“The fight was about: she had caught him sending naked penis pictures to another man and she confronted him about being gay,” Quanell said.

During the news conference, Quanell, who was speaking on Bowens’ behalf, also claimed that Vence had a history of violence against Maleah. This reportedly included spankings and beating that were too severe for the small child, who also reportedly had special needs.

“He confronted her and threatened her, that ‘She better not do it.’ So she helped him shield the truth of that abuse of Maleah from doctors,” Quanell said about Bowens.

Police announced Thursday that authorities have discovered the car that was stolen from the family in a Missouri City parking lot.

Maleah has had several brain surgeries and requires medications and constant care.

ABC13 learned that Maleah was recently returned to her home after CPS removed her last August. According to CPS officials, the girl and her two siblings – 5-year-old and 1-year-old boys – were removed as the agency investigated allegations of physical abuse related to her head injury.

The three siblings were brought back to the mother in February.

We continue to pray for Maleah and her family during this time and will update you on any developments in her story.