All charges have been dropped for one of Tekashi 6ix9ine‘s gym attackers, according to court documents. XXL reports that the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has stopped pursuing charges against Anthony Maldonado.
Maldonado was one of three men involved in last month’s bloody assault of 6ix9ine at an LA Fitness in Lake Worth, Florida. Police arrested Anthony, 25, on March 30 for assault and robbery charges. They also arrested two others, Octavious Medina, 23, and Rafael Medina Jr., 43.
Officials are still charging Rafael, who is allegedly a high-ranking Latin King member, and his son Octavious, according to the outlet.
GSN- The suspects — Rafael Medina, Jr., 43, Octavious Medina, 23, and Anthony Maldonado, 25 — were arrested Thursday, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet. The rapper’s injuries were non-life-threatening. Lance Lazzaro, 6ix9ine’s attorney, said in a statement. pic.twitter.com/EPNS7s6vj5
— HJ (Hank) Ellison (@hjtherealj) April 2, 2023
Maldonado Maintains Innocence And Says He Was “So Confused By The Whole Situation”
Earlier this week, Maldonado personally confirmed his charges were dropped in an interview with prison-related content YouTuber 1090 Jake on Instagram Live.
He maintained his innocence and told the internet personality that he was “literally so confused by the whole situation.”
“I literally am so confused by the whole situation,” he said while detailing his arrest. “I walk out the house and literally they have six detectives outside, everybody with assault rifles, German Shepherds and stuff, walking me out like a killer in front of all my neighbors.”
He continued: “They take me to the police station, and they don’t even do a proper investigation. They didn’t ask me who I was with, where I was at that night, none of that. They just said, ‘You look like the guy, and that’s you.'”
Maldonado went on to claim that authorities accused him of using his gym membership to allow Rafael and his son into the gym. However, he says he was “at home preparing for Bible study” the day of the attack and has “eight witnesses who can attest to that.”
Tekashi Calls Attack ‘Cowardly,’ Features Footage In Music Video Released Just Days Later
Tekashi 6ix9ine previously revealed he wasn’t upset about the bathroom beatdown but called the attack “cowardly.” The rapper spoke about the incident for the first time on March 31 while sharing additional incident footage.