Family, friends, and fans continue to mourn the unfortunate loss of 20-year-old Disney star Cameron Boyce. Now the network has announced plans regarding their latest film, which stars him. As well as, how they plan to honor him.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, on Thursday, the company announced that they have decided to cancel the red carpet premiere of their upcoming film “Descendants 3,” which stars Cameron. Instead, they have decided to make a donation to the organization, which was near and dear to his heart.
In a statement, Disney said, “We are proud to be part of Cameron Boyce’s legacy by showcasing his talents on screen but we are canceling the red carpet premiere event for ‘Descendants 3’ scheduled for July 22 and instead, The Walt Disney Company will make a donation to the Thirst Project, a philanthropic organization to which Cameron was deeply committed. Thank you for understanding.”
Also within the statement, they said, “With permission from the Boyce family, Disney Channel will dedicate the telecast of Descendants 3in Cameron Boyce’s memory.
NEW: @DisneyChannel honors the late Cameron Boyce, cancels red carpet premiere of #Descendants3 and makes donation to the Thirst Project, a philanthropic organization to which Cameron was deeply committed. https://t.co/01vfy8wWsO pic.twitter.com/x8HSg0G51m
— Good Morning America (@GMA) July 11, 2019
For those who are unfamiliar with the Thirst Project, it is a non-profit organization that “works with the support of young people to END the global water crisis by building freshwater wells in developing communities that need safe, clean drinking water.”
The first “Descendants” film released in 2015, with Cameron starring as Carlos, the son of Cruella de Vil, and the second film released in 2017.
As we previously reported, Cameron, unfortunately, passed away in his sleep from a seizure, due to an ongoing medical condition. It was later revealed that the actor had epilepsy.
We continue to send our condolences to the Boyce Family during this difficult time.