The move comes three weeks after the actor was arrested on domestic violence charges in New York City.
RELATED: UPDATE: Jonathan Majors’ Attorney Releases Alleged Texts From Assault Accuser— ‘I Told Them It Was My Fault’
Jonathan Majors Was Reportedly Dropped Due To Issues Regarding His “Personal Behavior”
Currently starring in Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, the outlet reports that Majors’ departure was due to issues surrounding the actor’s personal behavior.
This is the second setback for Majors, representation-wise, after the Lede Company initiated a break on representing the Avengers actor last month. Additionally, Majors and fashion house Valentino reportedly “mutually agreed” that the actor would not attend this year’s Met Gala as one of its guests.
Entertainment 360 and Lede Company did not return requests for comment, Deadline reports.
Majors has already filmed the second season of Marvel/Disney+’s Loki. In the film, he reprises the villain role of Kang the Conqueror. Additionally, Majors won’t go before the cameras in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty for some time.
Deadline reports there have been zero conversations in the Marvel camp to drop Majors from the MCU as of this article’s publication.
There have reportedly been "zero conversations" about recasting Jonathan Majors as Kang in the MCU.
— The Hollywood Handle (@hollywoodhandle) April 18, 2023
Majors’ Attorney Said He Is “Completely Innocent” In The Alleged Altercation
Majors’ criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry also issued a statement regarding the alleged domestic dispute, which reportedly occurred on March 25.
“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is probably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows,” Majors’ criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry told Deadline in a March 27 statement. “We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently.”
Chaudhry explained that “evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations.”
Chaudhry also released a series of text messages to the press. The messages redacted the woman’s name to protect her identity and showed the latter taking the blame for the fight.
“Please let me know you’re okay when you get this. They assured me that you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight. I’m so angry that they did. And I’m sorry you’re in this position. Will make sure nothing happens about this. I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone. I only just got out of hospital. Just call me when you’re out. I love you.”
Majors Alleged Domestic Altercation Comes Amid Hollywood Success
On March 25, the actor was arrested over an alleged domestic dispute with a 30-year-old woman, The Shade Room reported. The unnamed victim was taken to the hospital with “minor injuries to her head and neck,” according to investigators.
The alleged domestic altercation comes amid a busy 2023 year for the actor. He appeared in the film Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Both films have grossed a combined $745 million at the box office.
He’s even receiving rave reviews from Sundance for his role as a mentally disturbed amateur bodybuilder in Magazine Dreams. Disney’s Searchlight Pictures beat several bidders and acquired that movie from the festival. Additionally, the film’s release date is set for December 8, 2023.
Majors is expected to appear before a judge on May 8. The actor faces multiple counts of harassment and assault from the New York City District Attorney. Furthermore, he reportedly remains represented by WME.