Kamala Harris Gets Real! Talks First 100 Days in Office, Criminal Justice Reform & Tax Cuts
TSR Staff: @judithnwandu 🎤
Roommates, it’s not everyday that the first black woman VP nominee for a major ticket, and the second black woman ever elected to the U.S. Senate steps into #TheShadeRoom! 🇺🇸
#KamalaHarris went live from her alma mater Howard University to discuss her plans to reform the criminal justice system, cut taxes for the middle class, and invest billions of dollars in predominantly black-owned businesses. She clapped back on the “$400k and up” tax discussion that has a few rappers in our community hot and bothered.
She says, “Donald Trump came into office and passed a tax bill benefiting the top 1 percent and the biggest corporations in America- resulting in a $2 trillion deficit that everybody is going to have to pay for.”
She also says one of her biggest focuses is building wealth in the black community, considering the average black family holds only 1/10th of the wealth of other families.
Roomies, November 3rd is creeping up on us- regardless of who you’re voting for, check iWillVote.com to see where you can cast your vote by next Tuesday. 🗳
- Kristen Stewart Reflects on Princess Diana: Do I Want to Be Her Daughter, Best Friend, or Maybe Date Her?
- Anya Taylor-Joy Talks Fashion and Singing in ‘Last Night in Soho’
- Jason Aldean on Getting Political, Plus: His New Album ‘Macon’
- Jimmie Allen Opens Up About Newborn Daughter Zara!
- Win It! A Fall Prize Pack