Last week, Kevin Hart appeared on “Ellen” where he talked about the controversy surrounding his decision to step down from hosting this year’s Oscars, following some resurfaced tweets. During their interview, Ellen DeGeneres asked Kevin to reconsider as she offered him her support. By the end of their interview, Kevin said he would “evaluate” their discussion.
Now it looks like Kevin has his final answer on whether he would host the Oscars this year, and his answer is no. He also added that it’s too late for him to prepare for the show. When asked if he would host in the future he said, “It’s hard to predict what can happen. I don’t want people to think there’s a thing about me and the Academy.”
In his interview with Good Morning America’s Michael Strahan, Kevin said he is over everything when asked about the controversy and his apology. He said, “There’s no more conversation about it … I’m over that, I’m over the moment.”
He added, “I’m not giving no more explanation of who I am. I’m just done.”
Kevin has offered multiple apologies to the LGBTQ community for his old homophobic comments that have resurfaced. He even mentioned that he apologized back in the late 2000’s when it first happened and many times after.
On Monday, he offered yet another apology on his SiriusXM show “Straight from The Hart,” and said, “Once again, Kevin Hart apologizes for his remarks that hurt members of the LGBTQ community. I apologize. We thought it was OK to talk like that because that’s how we talked to one another … This is wrong now. Because now we’re in a space where I’m around people of the LGBTQ community, and I’m now aware of how these words make them feel, and why they say ‘That sh** hurt because of what I’ve been through.’”
So there you have it, Roommates, Kevin will not be hosting the Oscar’s this year, and it looks like he is ready to move on from all of the controversy.