We may have to practice social distancing for the time being, but Netflix just came through in the clutch!
The streaming giant just launched “Netflix Party” that pairs with a Google Chrome Extension and we can watch shows together. This way we can still keep in touch with our homegirls and even our Baes–OKAY!
So, Roomies, this is all y’all gotta do.
- You and your friends need to download Google Chrome and go to netflixparty.com.
- Select “Add to Chrome” and then click “Add extension” in the pop-up window. Once you do this, Netflix Party will be added to the right side of your browser. It’ll show as “NP.”
- Be sure you and your friends have “NP” your Google Chrome browser, too.
- Go to Netflix.com, using your Google Chrome browser.
- Select the “NP” button on your browser. You’ll also have a chance to control the movie, fast-forward or rewinding. All you have to do is check the “Only I have control” box.
- Select “Start the party” and copy the URL on the screen. Be sure to send this link to your people.
- Those who plan on watching the movie should log into Netflix and hit the “NP” button on their Google Chrome browsers.
That’s it! Y’all can watch all of your favorite quarantine shows together and even send messages in the chat.
Just because we’re separated from the people we love, doesn’t mean we still can’t create memories. So, get on it! Netflix just took #QuarantineAndChill to a new level.
View this post on Instagram
TSR Staff: La’Janeé @_lajanee_ _________________________________ We may have to practice social distancing for the time being, but @Netflix just came through in the clutch! _________________________________ The streaming giant just launched “Netflix Party” that pairs with a Google Chrome Extension and we can watch shows together. _________________________________ This way we can still keep in touch with our homegirls and even our Baes–OKAY! _________________________________ So, #Roomies, this is all y’all gotta do—read more at theshaderoom.com📺🙌🏾 #QuarantineAndChill (📷:@gettyimages)