The holidays are fast approaching, and who has time to think of gifts for everyone? That’s why we got you; The Shade Room is sharing this 2022 Holiday Gift Guide with plenty of affordable and thoughtful picks.
Whether you are hunting for your bestie, mom, or sibling, our guide will be the only stop you’ll need to make to find meaningful and inexpensive presents. We even have recommendations straight from our TSR staffers and TSR SHOP. Period!
Scroll down and enjoy links to some of our favorite gift ideas this year.
The Shade Room’s Top Picks (Black-Owned Businesses)
- Gifts To Get Your Stocking Stuffing Started — ‘Hella Black’ Card Game (Limited Edition)
- Gifts To Get The Holiday Party Poppin’ — Mix’d Roots Alcohol Infusion Kit
- Gifts For Your Bougie Folks — KurlsPlus Set
- Gifts To Keep The Ash Away This Winter —KYVAN Ultimate Lip Smacker Lip Balms
The Shade Room’s Editor’s Picks
If you hate wasting time and money, we feel you! Here are some gift ideas our TSR staffers believe your family and friends will actually use.
Thembi Mawema (TSR Director, Social Media), Voova Small Jewelry Organizer: This jewelry case/organizer is a travel must-have if you’re a jewelry girlie! It keeps your rings, chains, and things organized, untangled, and easy to carry when you’re on the go.
Aiesha Letman (Managing Editor), Olaplex No.7 Bonding Oil: I try to put as many people on this hair oil as I can, especially if they use heat on their hair. It also makes natural hair soft & shiny and easy to manage. It’s worth the $30.
Taylor Bickham (Director of Social Content, TSR Teens), Custom Name Neon Sign: at $79, this neon sign is the perfect gift for a content creator looking to make a name for themselves in the digital space. It can be hung in a bedroom or a dorm which is ideal for any college or high school student.
Tee (Sr. Social Media Editor), JBL Clip Bluetooth Speaker: Holiday season is here and as you travel house to house we all know the party don’t stop. For $45 this lightweight JBL speaker will keep the functions loud and lit!!
China Lovelace (Social Media Content Producer), Gucci 4 pc. Fragrance Set: For those people balling on a budget this is a great gift set for any woman who loves to smell good. You can’t go wrong with a luxury perfume!
Jade Whiteside (Social Media Content Producer), Pay a bill for someone for the holiday: Times are hard for many people, so I’m sure having someone helping out by paying a bill for the holiday season will help to put a smile on the face of the person who is receiving the relief.
Cassandra Santiago (Editor), Self Love Affirmation Card Deck: deck of affirmation cards from SaySoSoul helped me through so many shitty days! Everyone deserves to have a reminder of their greatness close by and I keep these ON ME!
Brianne Deville (Associate Social Media Editor), Deep Tissue Massager: The day I got this muscle massager was one of the best days of my fitness journey. It’s also great for releasing overall tension and giving yourself a lil’ self-care when needed!
La’Janeé (Social Media Content Producer), Paula’s Choice BHA Liquid Exfoliant: Gworl! If you need to get rid of that dead skin, PUH-LEZE get this item. The liquid exfoliant will leave your skin feeling flawless.
Kai Hughes (Soicial Media Producer), Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron: Holy grail flat iron, I always recommend. Whether for natural hair or bundles it is definitely my go-to.
Saran Tarawaley (Social Media Content Producer), Newmowa 60 LED High Power LED Light: This gives your photos the perfect glow no matter where you are. It’s a small light that fits right into your pocket. You can take it anywhere! Y’all trynna get flawless pics like the IG baddie? This is the best light to invest in.
Nick Fenely (Staff Writer), Hip Hop Vinyl Record Label Coaster: If you need to track down a stocking stuffer for an OG rap fan, look no further. These fun coasters are made to resemble beloved album covers from back in the day, so people can protect their coffee tables in style.
Jadriena Solomon (Sr. Editor), Fenty Skin Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream: was not playing any games when she created this Limited Edition Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream. Does it moisturize the skin better than any other product I’ve ever used? Yes. Does it leave me smelling like a rich Biscotti cookie? Yes. Will I be buying 10 more before the product disappears from shelves? Yes!!!
Maya (Social Media Content Producer), Luxome Luxury Sheet Set: I don’t play when it comes to my sleep, it’s only the best over here! So I’m always on the hunt for high-quality bedding. I highly recommend this luxury bamboo sheet set, they’re incredibly soft and cooling.
Black Owned! Gifts To Get Your Stocking Stuffin’ Started
- Anna & Pookie ‘Black Woman’ Mug The air is cold, and the drinks are hot, but the cups are usually not! So, here’s a mug any Black woman could use to sip AND stunt! And if they happen to be sipping while planning a kid’s birthday party, Anna & Pookie got ’em with the decor!
- ‘Hella Black’ Card Game (Limited Edition) Step up someone’s game with Hella Black! It comes with 140 cards divided into four categories: real talk, dating, sex, and relationships. Just make sure the kids stay out of grown folks’ business ’cause Hella Awkward’s card games are 18+. only!
- ‘Blacker The Berry’ Regular Ass Candle The holidays are a time when we can’t keep our loved ones out of our personal space chile! Help someone in your life prep their space with a Regular Ass Candle–sophisticated smells with hard-to-forget names. From Blacker The Berry to Joyride, there’s a lil’ something for everybody!
- Flat Out Of Heels Shoes Talk about a useful gift! Skip the high-heel pain by throwing on a pair of Flat Out Of Heels shoes in your bag. They roll, fold and slide on whenever needed!
- Hyve Life Sunglasses A good pair of hater blockers is necessary any time of year, but also the perfect size to slip into a stocking! Get into the range, from the square, round and cat-eye frames to patterned designs, colored lenses, and a collapsible case for individual purchase, Hyve Life has something for every taste!
- Butter By Keba Bundle One thing about wintertime, it can tear up your skin! Butter by Keba offers body butters, lotions, fragrance oils, and bath salts to elevate any self-care experience! And they made holiday gifting easy by combining some of their top products in their Lotus Nut Gift Trio Bundle.
- Dungeon Forward’s Tactical Beanie Got a creative in your life that can’t seem to put down their pen? Well, Dungeon Forward has a way to keep their brain juices warm while still looking fly! Check out their tactical beanie featuring slots to carry writing tools or anything similar–comes in ranging colors from the basics to neon.
- HOA Accessory Bar Earrings There’s nothing like adding a lil’ sauce to your style–and accessories can sometimes make or break a look! Whether it’s repping the homeland, making a statement, or jazzing up the ‘fit, HOA Accessory Bar has the earrings (or pins) to match.
- Kindred Paper Holiday Cards It’s the holidays for all of us–and Kindred Paper truly understood that assignment with their boxed set of greeting cards. Top off your stocking or add to your presents with one of three designs!
Gifts To Get The Holiday Party Poppin’
- SHADE ROOM EXCLUSIVE! Beautiful Christmas Sweater Sorry, Auntie Monique! It’s pop-out season, and we’re showing bonnets and durags some public love. Skip the ‘ugly’ in sweater parties and rock a statement piece available exclusively on TSR Shop. This sweater’s design features Black-owned products also available on TSR Shop!
- Mix’d Roots Alcohol Infusion Kit The drinks get real flowy during the holidays, but not everybody knows how to pour up a tasty cocktail! That’s where Mix’d Roots steps in with all the ingredients (minus the alcohol) needed to stir up between 8-10 dranks. From spicy margaritas to fruity sangrias, here’s the perfect gift to light up any kickback.
- Blackity Black Card Games It ain’t spades, but these card games gon’ have the functions just as lit! Got some music heads in your circle? See who takes the crown with Heard It All Before‘s deck of song samples–from 70s soul to hip-hop classics. Ditch the tired drinking games and tap in with Po’ Up–the card game that makes it feel like homecoming all year long!
- Eat UNrestricted Better Cheddar Dip Make sure your vegan folks got a lil’ something to snack on at the holiday kickbacks with Eat UNrestricted. Their vegan cheese dip comes in flavors like original, chipotle, and garlic. Yum on ’em one-by-one or cop all three in the bundle.
- Yoro Sparkling Water In between the card game hollas and vegan cheddar dip, folks gon need a lil’ water! Keep the thirst leveled with a 24-pack of Yoro‘s sparkling, tropical-flavored H20.
- Kahawa 1893 Coffee & Tea Plan ahead for the downside of spiked eggnog, jolly cocktails, and endless shots! Shake off the hangover with coffee or tea from Kahawa 1893!
Gifts For Your Bougie Folks
- Terminal B Candle: Give the gift of a mental getaway with award-winning scents from Terminal B. Inspired by global travel, its candles take you away with tobacco & smoked leather to lavender & eucalyptus smells!
- Vashti Wax Melts: Not a candle fan? Get into Vashti, a company selling bougie wax melt crumbles in jars! From fruity to flowery and neutral scents, Vashti offers a range of smell-goods for the highest standards. Pair their wax warmer with a bundle of their founding crumbles for the ultimate bougie experience!
- Auntrl Noir Beard Kit: It’s No Shave November, and the fellas need their self-care too! Treat a man (or yourself) to Auntrl’s Noir Beard Kit for all the holiday flicks to come.
- RVL Wellness Co. Mini Puzzles: Wanna help a Black woman feel “seen, de-stress and practice mindfulness?” Get her art that begins as an RVL Wellness mini puzzle! The pieces are giving Black Girl Magic, squad goals, and even self-care energy!
- PRSVR Crystal Key Ring: SCREAMS: bougie friend in the Benz or the Honda! Add a sparkle to the jingle and give your people’s keys an upgrade with PRSVR’s crystal key links.
- Kultured Misfits Pillow: The person that likes to stand out usually brings that to their space. Add to their touch with Kultured Misfits’ Never Fit In pillow. For the bed, the couch–and the guests to keep in mind!
- Diamond’s Body Care Self-Care Set: Issa tropical vacation with Diamond’s Island Breeze Self-Care Set. Give the gift of relaxation with an organic scrub and massage soap, followed by a rubdown with body oil and butter. We’ll take TWO!
Gifts To Keep The Ash Away This Winter
Atticus X Flourysh Skincare System
Start off someone’s new year with a skincare system that moisturizes and protects! The Atticus X Flourysh set includes a mineral cleanser, moisturizer, and evening night cream. Best for oily or skin prone to hyperpigmentation or scarring.
My Beard Daddy Oil
Smell good, feel good, and shine better! My Beard Daddy’s oil is for the friend still trying to get the beard to connect and the one known for theirs!
Lip Balm Set
Don’t get caught lacking under the mistletoe this season! Keep them thangs moisturized all winter long with Kyvan’s 6-pack lip balm set.