As many of us are still trying to come to terms that Kobe Bryant and his beautiful daughter Gianna are gone, along with seven other beautiful souls, reports earlier this week started to circulate that deputies allegedly had been sharing graphic photos from the crash site.
As we previously reported, amongst the allegations, it was said that one officer allegedly took the photos to a bar and “tried to impress a girl” by showing them to her.
Now Vanessa Bryant’s legal team is speaking out on her behalf in response to the allegations.
On Sunday, Vanessa’s attorney Gary C. Robb released a statement and said, “Our client, Vanessa Bryant, is absolutely devastated by allegations that deputies from the Lost Hills Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and Los Angeles County Fire Department publicly disseminated photos from the helicopter crash site.”
The statement continued to read, “Mrs. Bryant personally went to the Sheriff’s office on January 26th and requested that the area be designated a no-fly zone and protected from photographers. This was of critical importance to her as she desired to protect the dignity of all the victims and their families. At that time, Sheriff Alex Villanueva assured us all measures would be put in place to protect the families’ privacy, and it is our understanding that he has worked hard to honor those requests.”
Check out the full statement below:
Earlier this week, Kobe and Gianna’s lives were celebrated during a beautiful memorial at the Staples Center. Vanessa displayed an amazing amount of strength as she shared some beautiful memories of her daughter and husband, with the crowd.
We continue to keep the Bryant family lifted in prayer during this difficult time.
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94