As the investigation into Jussie Smollet’s attack continues, Fox has released a statement in regards to the rumors about his scenes being slashed from the show.
According to Billboard, on Wednesday, Fox reiterated in their statement that they are continuing to stand by Jussie during this time, and his character on the hit show “Empire” will not be written out of the show.
The statement reads, “Jussie Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set and as we have previously stated, he is not being written out of the show.”
The networks affirmation comes after details about the attack are still being gathered for the investigation.
As we previously reported, last week two Nigerian brothers were arrested as “potential suspects” involving the situation. They were later released as the Chicago Police Department said that new evidence was introduced following the interrogation.
Shortly after Jussie’s attorney’s released a statement denying the rumors that the actor played a role in his own attack.
View this post on Instagram
TSR STAFF: Thembi! @ThembiTV_ _____________________________________ Earlier we reported on news that law enforcement sources believe that #JussieSmollet paid his “attackers”. Apparently there were receipts that a phone call was made between Jussie and one of the brothers who were suspects in this case right before the attack happened. _____________________________________ The brothers are no longer being charged and are said to be cooperating with law enforcement during the investigation of Jussie’s attack. Since the news broke that Jussie allegedly orchestrated the attack, his attorneys have put out a statement saying those reports are all alternative facts. SWIPE for the full statement!
Jussie spoke out about the attack for the first time with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America, where he detailed what happened the day of the attack, and also reacted to those who started to question the entire incident.
We’ll continue to keep you updated as the investigation continues.